Java in Firefox 2 on FC7

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Sat Sep 22 16:58:56 UTC 2007

>Apparently I don't have the Java plugin installed, according to
>Firefox.
>
>So I followed the prompts and installed the 6.0 rpm.
>
>But it still says I don't have the plugin installed.
>
>What can I do?
>--

I use the JPackage utilities.  It simplifies a lot of the install.
If you don't already have the jpackage-utils installed, load it with
yum.  Download and install the JRE or JDK rpm from Sun.  Go back to
jpackage.org and get the

 java-1.6.0-sun-compat-1.6.0.02-1jpp.src.rpm

and install it.  It installs when you download it if you are using
Firefox.  The only other thing you need is the libstdc++-33.  Just
yum that puppy in and you should be set to go.  No messing around
putting in the soft link either that is done by the JPackage.

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...