How best get rid of SELinux?

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sat Sep 22 18:22:11 UTC 2007

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:14:36 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:

> On Saturday September 22 2007 1:01:45 pm Beartooth wrote:
>> What I
>> did complain of, or try to, was and is that SELinux keeps harassing me,
>> even set permissive, about stuff which I haven't the foggiest notion
>> of, and which it does nothing to make clear to me.
>
> Have you got setroubleshoot installed, and have you opened it? It may be
> what you seek - simple list of the errors, and plain English suggestions
> to solve them -- it may not be perfect, but, it's helped me on a few
> occasions

	I have got it, and I do look again again whenever I get any kind
of notice (usually from a popup that goes away faster than I can read it,
especially if I'm busy). I also click on that big yellow star on one
panel whenever I think to.

	One thing I like: it lets me mark a message to be deleted,
without actually deleting till I tell it to. That means I can check only
for new ones, when that's what I want.

	In fact, I have even tried to report some of the things it tells
me must be bugs.

	But I do not, alas!, recall reading any message there that meant
anything to me. Since this is so, despite the fact that I've been running
RH/F for nearly ten years, and spending a lot of time online for several
before that, I concluded that I was likely not alone in my failure to
spot straight up; so I posted about it, and the length of this thread
appears to corroborate that.

	I'm sure SELinux will *become* user-friendly, perhaps already in
F8; the sooner the better.

	It will come whenever there have been enough shocks of
recognition of the form "You mean we have to explain *that*?! I thought
puppies and little innocent children knew that."

Fedora 7; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6-7;
Dillo 0.8.6-3, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.18.3, Opera 9.23, Firefox 2.0.0.5