Re: Updating to FC7 from FC6 via Yum?

Philip Prindeville wrote:
Is it reasonably safe to update a running system via Yum a major version?

And is there a particular way to do it? Do I need to grab new /etc/yum.d/ files?

Or am I better off burning a DVD, and rebooting off that, and selecting "upgrade"?

Because there are some remote machines that don't have DVD readers, and it would make my life a lot simpler if I didn't have to go and visit them, physically plug in a USB DVD driver, reboot, upgrade, and then reboot again...

-Philip

Asked and answered:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq