How best get rid of SELinux?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 23 21:12:17 UTC 2007

Beartooth wrote:

> 	Hmmm ... So if I disable it, I better leave it disabled till the
> next release of Fedora?

Before you enable it again, you can make it relabel everything according
to the default policy by following the steps outlined in the SELinux FAQ
at http;//docs.fedoraproject.org. Otherwise labels for files created
when SELinux was disabled would be incorrect and likely to cause problems.

> 	That's where your experience differs from mine. Maybe I shouldn't
> have installed the troubleshooter??

Troubleshooter is merely providing desktop notification of SELinux
policy denials which otherwise may go unnoticed in a log file a desktop
user is not likely to see or understand easily.

Rahul