Pointer to NUT config (for APC USB)?

Hello.

Having just gotten a new APC UPS, I would like to configure NUT to read
it's state via the USB connection.

The presence of the UPS is recognized by the system, as shown by this line
written to the system log:

  hiddev96: USB HID v1.10 Device [American Power Conversion Back-UPS XS
1500 LCD FW:837.H5 .D USB] on usb-0000:00:0f.2-2

So now I need the NUT daemon to monitor this connection and, apparently,
configure the NUT client to query the daemon.  This is for a local system
only, no web or network access to status is needed.

Can someone point me to a description of how to set up NUT for this
context?

Thanks.