Re: livna nvidia update problem

lostson wrote:
On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 19:38 -0400, Mail List wrote:

Also - the nvidia-kmod-common is not in cache - and yum install nvidia-kmod-common does nothing. Having to download rpm's by hand surely feels not correct ?

 Yes this is not correct behavior and I have not seen this before. I am
sure the guys at livna are aware of it and it will be resolved soon. As
long as everything is working on your machine and your nvidia drivers
are working your not going to benefit a ton from these new drivers
anyway. Personally I will just be patient no reason to go downloading
things by hand and working around yum. my 2 cents anyway.
I got the 3 updates again this morning and again they failed due to some problem. It appeared to be a dependent file that conflicts with one already installed. This is not the usual yum update action.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User