Internet traffic and Azureus -

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Sep 24 12:15:26 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Andy Green wrote:

>> In early days we had some plans where we allowed true unlimited, some
>> criminals (yes thats what they are since  99.9%R of p2p is illegal movie
>> d/l's) were on a 1.5 mb dsl connection exceeding 300 gigs a month, thats
>
> Actually that is not the case in many countries, copyright infringement
> at that low level is a civil issue, not a criminal one.  And if you look
> at the suits that are filed, AFAIK they ALL complain at the upload
> action, not the download.

in this country it is criminal so what it is in the U.S for isntance
maters nothing to us, only what our laws say

> It is because the ISPs do not invest in equipment to keep ahead of
> consumer demand, for whatever reason the demand exists.  They find it
> much easier to blame their customers than to invest as they should.

So.. you are saying we should offer these crims 300 gigs a month for 70
bucks? No fucking way! If they wont 300 gigs a month, they can have it,
but they will be moved to a business plan and damn well pay for every
MB, ISP's are NOT charities! someone has to pay for all that data.

--

Cheers
Res