Re: Pointer to NUT config (for APC USB)?

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:20:00 -0400
Steve Snyder <swsnyder insightbb com> wrote:

> > Why don't you try apcupsd?  Its written to run with apc products.
>
> Because I didn't know such a thing existed.  I saw on APC's web page that
> they only had downloads for Windows, and assumed that NUT was my only
> option.

Yea, it took me a bit to discover apcupsd as well, but it seems to
work perfectly out of the box with no need to tweak the default
config that the apcupsd rpm installs. Had about a two hour power
outage a few weeks ago, and the logs showed that it shut the system
down cleanly after the power had been off about 30 minutes.