Internet traffic and Azureus -

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Sep 24 14:40:04 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:15:26 +1000 (EST)
Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:

> So.. you are saying we should offer these crims 300 gigs a month for 70
> bucks? No fucking way! If they wont 300 gigs a month, they can have it,
> but they will be moved to a business plan and damn well pay for every
> MB, ISP's are NOT charities! someone has to pay for all that data.

As long as you don't advertise your service as "unlimited", there is nothing
wrong your approach.

You should always make sure that your customers know what their use cap
actually is, though.  Playing "guess the magic number" like some ISP's
apparently do is not fair ball.

The ISP that I use (Sask Tel) is a true unlimited DSL service.  As long as I
pay the monthly bill, nobody cares how much or how little I use.  I think it's
around $65 or $70 per month for my service - I have the "enhanced" service that
includes two static IP addresses.  The "regular" service is the same, but costs
about $10 or $15 less.  You just don't get static addresses.