Re: How do I resume from hibernate on a desktop computer (GNOME)?

On 9/21/07, André Costa <blueser gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

this is probably a silly question, but Googling around didn't give me
an answer, so I turn to you guys for help.

I have just decided to try the "hibernate" button that appears on my
GNOME shutdown dialog (this is a desktop system). The hibernate part
apparently went by just fine, but I didn't know what to do to resume.
Keyboard LEDs were active and responsive, but monitor locked on
power-save mode. I tried pressing briefly the power button, but
nothing happened. I had no option but hard-reset the whole thing.

So, what did I do wrong? ;-)

Maybe your hardware needs special attention to resume correctly. See:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-suspend-index.html

Klaasjan