How best get rid of SELinux?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:06:14 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Beartooth <Beartooth at swva.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:06:11 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> >> Before you enable it again, you can make it relabel everything
> >> according to the default policy by following the steps outlined in the
> >> SELinux FAQ at http;//docs.fedoraproject.org. Otherwise labels for
> >> files created when SELinux was disabled would be incorrect and likely
> >> to cause problems.
> >
> > I don't think anyone complaining here has read the docs, but still, this
> > link may also help:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux
>
>         Well, I tried both again -- and they're still geek to me. I feel
> like a kid doing well in high school geometry who has picked up a third-
> year college calculus text, and found himself being told to derive all
> the formulae in Peirce's Tables. Yaaa, shuuure ...
>
>         Sorry about that.
>
>         And just to repeat, I hope the example makes clear that I have no
> doubt the explanations are correct. And with a degree in mathematics, I'm
> not afraid of subtlety nor complexity per se; it's just that I'm not
> going to live enough longer to learn all you have to know to read such
> documents, however excellent they be on their own level.

It's quite possible that some of us are simply incapable of seeing the
complexity in SElinux. Since I first came across it (in FC2), I
believe that I have spent less than an hour actually reading through
its docs (tutorials,FAQs, MANs).

On the other hand, I find Calculus 3 to be quite challenging.

( www.pembo13.com )