Screen Resolution Low

Gene Poole gene.poole at macys.com
Mon Sep 24 18:35:51 UTC 2007

I needed to rebuild one of my machines that uses a KVM.  After the initial
install of FC6, the resolution was 1024x768 with 24-bit hi-color. I kept
the focus of the KVM on this machine during the entire install.  Later,
after updating the yum repositories to resemble the 2-other machines
running FC6.  I entered the command:   yum update  to bring this install up
to date.  I did not keep the focus of the KVM on this machine, I did glance
back every now and then to see the status of the update.  However, after
the update was complete I did a re-boot and now I can't get a resolution
higher than 800x600 with 24-bit color.

Is there a way to correct this?  Was it caused by not keeping the focus of
the KVM on this machine?

TIA,
Gene Poole
gene.poole at macys.com