puplet not working after yum upgrade from FC6 to F7

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:39:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

I know that yum is not a supported upgrade path and you are on your
own if you do that but I thought that someone might have some some
insight on what I am missing in my mop-up.

The upgrade went pretty much without a hitch. The few obvious problems
were easy to clear up so I have a functional Gnome desktop once again.
The last odd thing is that puplet does not automatically start up in
my session. It is highlighted to do so in Startup Programs in
Preferences -> Personal -> Sessions and it is shown as running in
Current Session.

Things that I have tried/verified:
- It works when I manually start puplet in a terminal so I know it works.
- removed and reinstalled it via yum
- checked paths are correct in Sessions
- I have waited long enough for it to check and checked after with pup
that packages were indeed wiating to be updated.
- I have changed SELinux to permissive to make sure that wasn't interfering
- it shows when I do a "ps waux" as "/usr/bin/python -tt /usr/bin/puplet"

Anyone have any ideas where I could look next as I did not see this
particular problem listed on  the YumUpgrade wiki page.

Thanks
/Mike