Re: OT: Use Thunderbird to pick up ROOT Mail?

On 9/24/07, Mike McCarty <Mike McCarty sbcglobal net> wrote:
> Jacques B. wrote:
> >
> > Just installed Thunderbird and noticed that it has a Movemail mail
> > account.  Check out here
> > http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Help_Documentation:Creating_an_Account#Creating_a_Movemail_Account
> > for info on how to configure it (from there you follow a link to
>
> I don't see how to configure it. I don't have a mail server
> running on my machine.
>
> Mike
> --
It's going to want an e-mail address if I recall correctly.  Give it
whatever @localhost.  It won't matter because then you simply click on
the folder icon to navigate to your system mail and voilĂ  (assuming
that you've forwarded your root mail to your regular user account).

I'm not on my Linux box right now, plus I un-installed it after I
tested it as I prefer Evolution on my Linux platform (I use
Thunderbird when in Windows) so I can't answer any better than that
right now but I'm sure someone else can fill in the blanks at this
point.  It will work.  I got it to work on mine no problem.

Jacques B.