F7 sound not detected for Realtek 268 (it was ....after USB disk swapping)

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Sep 25 07:24:51 UTC 2007

Yunus wrote / ha scritto on /il 25/09/2007 09:22:
>>> to:

>>> 2>&1 || > >>>> : ;
>>> this is

>>> modprobe > >> looks

>>> sound
>>> some

>>> I am on another computer now so I cannot post my modprobe.conf file
>>> I added manually install/remoce and so-on line.
>>> I added option=toshiba
>>> I didn't download new driver from suse webpages
>>> It didn't work.
>>> Are any rpm driver around??
>>> My chipset is Realtek 268
>>>
>>> --
>>> Antonio Montagnani
>>> Skype : antoniomontag
>>>
>> I have seen that alsa-lib-1.0.15-0.2.rc2.fc8. is in development folder.
>> Shall it resolve my issue??? and what about pushing also in testing
>> for F7??
>>
>> --
>> Antonio Montagnani
>> Skype : antoniomontag
>
> Hi Antonio,
>
> Did you add option=toshiba or model=toshiba  to  /etc/modprobe.conf  ?
> On my acer, I added manually below line (using text editor) to
> /etc/modprobe.conf
>         options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=toshiba
>
> I don't know rpm driver (I am sure that other users in this list know
> better than me). The way that I know to make my sound working only to
> do below steps (with gcc installed on my system):
> 1. extract alsa-driver-hg20070817.tar.bz2 ( downloaded from
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/alsa/snapshot/driver/ )
>    It must be newer version for this driver. This driver contains
> patch for Realtek.
> 2. read INSTALL file in alsa-driver-hg20070817 directory and run these
> commands (the last command needs root privilege):
>    ./configure
>    make
>    make install
> 3. add the following line (add model=toshiba) manually using text
> editor to my /etc/modprobe.conf
>    options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=toshiba
> 4. reboot my system
> 5. raising speaker volume using alsamixer and testing my sound.
>
> That's all that I know.
>
> yunus (linux newbie)
Tnx Yunus

before proceeding, I would like to know if we can have the schedule from
Fedora developers of new driver rpm: I wouldn't like if during
installation with your procedure my clean system would be screwed. ;-)

--
Antonio Mo
Skype: antoniomontag

Mail by Thunderbird 2.0 Websurfing by Firefox 2.0
Linux Fedora 7 on Maxdata Eco 3200
Linux user number 362582