Re: dial-up networking

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 11:35 +0500, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Minicom also throws up the same message - "No Carrier". I am using the
> same US Robotics external message modem with Windows. So, the modem is
> working perfectly well.

I wonder if you're initialising the modem differently in the different
OSs, and knobbling the DCD line, or changing how the modem reports the
connected message to the PC?  Either one can cause the PC to think it's
not connected, and therefore abort, when it actually is.

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.5-76.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.