extention to operation of man function

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 25 10:11:10 UTC 2007

It was recently revealed, at least to me, that the reason :
man cdrecord does no work is that cdrecord is a softlink to wodim.

Now my local ubantu person point out in ubantu running man cdrecord
returns the man page of modim. This he attributes to ubantu being more
carefull about details,

First is this true about ubantu and is it worthwhile to file a bugzilla
RFE on man to get fedora to mirror this functionality. It seems on the
surface a simple extension to implement so I wonder why it was not done
in Fedora.

Life is a POPULARITY CONTEST! I'm REFRESHINGLY CANDID!!
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net