Excessive kernel updates?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 25 12:52:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 11:10 +0200, Andrew Kelly wrote:
> have there been excessive kernel updates lately?
>
> I've only been following this list for a few months, so if this is a
> FAQ, my apologies.
>
> I used an FC4 box for quite a while, and don't recall ever catching a
> kernel update after the initial install.

I seem to recall quite a few kernel updates on FC4, I don't know how you
missed them.  This is from one of my FC4 boxes:

[tim at giggles ~]$ rpm -qi kernel|grep nstall
Install Date: Thu 25 May 2006 19:03:10 CST      Build Host: hs20-bc1-5.build.redhat.com
Install Date: Thu 29 Jun 2006 01:53:36 CST      Build Host: hs20-bc1-5.build.redhat.com
Install Date: Sat 29 Jul 2006 22:03:28 CST      Build Host: hs20-bc1-4.build.redhat.com

I don't recall all of them, but above are the ones still on one of my
boxes.  I'm sure I manually removed a few over time.

Yes, there's been a few new kernels with the current release, I don't
think it's been much different from prior releases.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.