Personal file sharing in Gnome

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Tue Sep 25 18:43:40 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I've enabled it, and set it to never ask for a password.  I can connect
to the shared folder on the Fedora 7 box from CentOS 5 machine - good.
I can create, delete and modify files in that shared folder, too -
awesome.

Oh the hell do I connect to that shared folder from a Windows PC?  Is it
even possible?  I thought it was just a webdav folder, if so, entering
"http://fedora7box" on the Windows side (e.g. in file explorer) should
work, shouldn't it?  I haven't been able to connect to the Fedora 7
share from a WinXP Pro box.... :(

Someone, please enlighten me.

Regards,

Ranbir

P.S.

Where in the hell is the documentation on this feature? I can't find
anything.
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.22.5-49.fc6 i686 GNU/Linux