firefox crashing : what else to do ?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 25 20:30:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 08:51 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:
> On 9/25/07, gatopardo <gatopardo at codetel.net.do> wrote:
> >   I've already tried your advice. I'll do it again and at the same time remove
> > all plugins from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.
> >   Those two actions were planned to be taken before I wrote to you.
> >   While I was writing this email, with this two actions taken, in less  than a
> > minute, gues what ?, firefox crashed again.
>
> Create a new user, and log into Gnome/KDE/whatever as the new user.
>
> Does the problem persist?
>
> If so, what's listed at this address:
> about:plugins
As I have said many times before about:plugins is almost useless to tell
you what plugins your firefox is using.
You need to go to: about:config
Then make:
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions to false
Then you can see what you are using in:
Edit->preferences-=>Content->Managed

I'm free -- and freedom tastes of reality. -- The Who
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net