extention to operation of man function

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 25 20:47:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 12:32 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > It was recently revealed, at least to me, that the reason :
> > man cdrecord does no work is that cdrecord is a softlink to wodim.
>
> [snip]
>
> This does not make sense to me. The man pages simplydora i are what
> they are. The program doesn't even have to be in your path
> for you to get a man page on it. Are you sure this is the cause
> of your problem? What makes you think this?
>
> Mike
Ok, I admitted I was wrong so I might as well clarify one more time. It
is true that man cdrecord does not work for the reason I stated. There
is general agreement on that,

It works in Debian and Ubuntu because they have inserted man page stubs
for the symbolic links. Fedora is considering doing likewise. That is
the right way to solve the problem.
Denver, n.: A smallish city located just below the `O' in Colorado.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net