Will 32-bit grub work on a 64-bit machine?

Due to the grub shell in F7 x86-64 being broken (TAB completion and
comline editing doesn't work)  I just installed the 32-bit version.

Is this going to actually work? Or am I going to end up with an
unbootable machine due to some incompatibility between 32-bit grub and
the 64-bit kernel?

Dean