Re: Grub installation on a USB external disk

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 11:18 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> make sure you change the setting for the splash screen as well.
> Otherwise grub tries to load it from the wrong drive and errors out.

If it's on both drives, and the same partition number, it shouldn't
matter.  It ought to work either way, it'd just use whichever drive it
thought was hd0 at that time.  Alternative, you can comment it out and
just have a textual screen.

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.5-76.fc7 i686 i386