Re: preemtible Kernel

On 9/26/07, Boris Glawe <public boris-glawe de> wrote:

> > Many did not use this feature in the past: Why?

Non preemptible kernels are suited for servers
Voluntary preempt. kernels for desktops
Full preempt kernels for low latency desktops.

It's just a matter of how many people are going to use the
distribution and with what purpose . I guess that a Red Hat Advanced
Server delivers a non preempt. kernel.

Cheers