Re: Adaptec ATA Raid 1200A upgrade [END GAME]

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 03:14:14PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> That would be dmraid not the kernel - please file a dmraid bug if so

Hm.  When I surface from the work this week, I'll look into that.  It sure
looked to me--by the device names being offered--that it thought it was
manipulating the Adaptec.

> What "RAID function". As far as anyone can tell the Adaptec 1200SA is a
> rebadged generic IDE controller with some BIOS and Windows raid drivers.

It has embedded RAID 0 and 1 in the BIOS.  No drivers necessary to use
it in that mode.  It's pretty old at this point; there may be errors in
the BIOS code, but is _is_ RAID.

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat