moving F7

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Sep 26 15:13:04 UTC 2007

Roberto Malinverni wrote:
> [...]
    Your right, I want to put this F7 complete onto a new hard drive
which is a SATA connected hard drive. My BIOS calls it an IDE drive for
some reason :-)

    It sure appears that the file in /boot can and does tell the kernel
where /root is. Right now /root is in the /dev/sda5 partition. On the
SATA drive it will in the /dev/sdf3 partition.

    How do I tell it to look at /dev/sdf3? Is this how it works? You
mention /etc/fstab. I can make that correct with no problem. Will that
then let it load?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User