Re: How to mail the name of the user that logged off?

Frank Cox wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:11:40 -0500
Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to> wrote:

It won't work against hostile users unless you also change ownership of
their home directory. Otherwise they will be able to delete the file.

A little further down in the thread, I think we got 'er beat with chattr.

At least, I haven't seen anyone come up with a good counter for that one so
far....

I've been known to log off by typing:

   exec /bin/true

when I wanted to avoid a shell's normal exit processing for some
reason.

                Do NOT delete it.