Re: Grub installation on a USB external disk

antonio montagnani wrote:
> Tim&Mikkel
>
> tnx for help.
> At the moment I have to suspend my work, as this morning, when I
> booted the pc from my USB disk, it didn't recognize only the /boot
> partition: the same when I connected the same USB disk to another PC.
> I hope to recover the situation this evening at home, by the Fedora
> DVD running an installation.

What kind of error are you getting? Are you getting a grub error, or
an error after the kernel takes over? Something I didn't think about
is that you may not have the correct USB drivers in your initrd
file. Not usually a problem, but it could be here. If I remember
correctly, there was a fairly large age difference in the laptops.

Mikkel