Grub is hard to make work

I thought I had been successful in moving my /boot to another partition but learned it is grub that is not working right. First it doesn't find the color and second it can't find the kernel. Here is what grub.conf looks like now:

[root k5di grub]# more grub.conf
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You do not have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /, eg.
#          root (hd0,4)
#          kernel /boot/vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/sda5
#          initrd /boot/initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,5)grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora (2.6.22.5-76.fc7)
       root (hd0,5)
       kernel vmlinuz-2.6.22.5-76.fc7 ro root=/dev/sda5
       initrd initrd-2.6.22.5-76.fc7.img
title Fedora (2.6.22.4-65.fc7)
       root (hd0,5)
       kernel vmlinuz-2.6.22.4-65.fc7 ro root=/dev/sda5
       initrd initrd-2.6.22.4-65.fc7.img

This does not find the image or boot the kernel. What have I done wrong? In the VERY Poor info grub it appears the want a / in front of the kernel and initrd. But for the setup I have that is wrong.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User