PDF files in firefox

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 26 21:17:31 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 21:08 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> >> Where exactly is the acrobat plugin stored?
> >> There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in .mozilla/plugins/ .
> >>
> > It an be in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins or /usr/lib/firefox../plugins
> >
> > But to do what you want got to: about:config
> > Change:
> > browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions to false
> >
> > The in: Edit->Preferences->Content->Manage you can make firefox any
> > program you want to open pdf files.
>
> Thanks for the advice.
> I didn't find anything about PDF in any of the plugin directories.
> I made the change you suggest with about:config
> (and restarted firefox) but again found nothing relevant
> in Preferences=>Content=>Manage.
>
> I'm not sure now where I had the problem,
> but I'll let you know how I get on ...

Ok , let me expalin. One  the lines in the widow says PDF Documents and it
says it is handled by mozplugger probably.
Hit change action and say you want it to be handled by xpdf and that's
it.

Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps; for he is the only animal
that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they
ought to be. -- William Hazlitt
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net