RE: Grub is hard to make work

>>    I thought I had been successful in moving my /boot to another
>> partition but learned it is grub that is not working right. First it
>> doesn't find the color  and second it can't find the kernel. Here is
>> what grub.conf looks like now:

If your /boot directory is part of the / partition, then all the names in the grub.conf file start with /boot/...

Example: initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9-55.EL.img

If your /boot directory is on its own partition, then all the names in the grub.conf file start with /...

Example: initrd /initrd-2.6.9-55.EL.img

<<winmail.dat>>