Re: Moving F7

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

    OK the disk is the new one. What modules are being talked about?
What is a module?

If you look in /lib/modules/<kernel>/ you will find a collection of modules.
You have to copy those as well as the kernel and initrd
if you want the kernel to work on your new disk.

A modules is essentially a piece of kernel code
which has been hived off, and is only loaded if required.
This allows the kernel to remain reasonably small.

Tim please tell me something I do not already know! Like a big help would be which of these modules am I going to have to change?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User