Re: Still baffled by choice of ethx

Timothy Murphy wrote:

I did try this (with system-config-network) but it didn't seem to work.
Doesn't really matter in my case, as I don't need profiles -
I was just experimenting.
But I certainly don't find the system-config-network interface very intuitive.

I found the gui tools a problem too. I resorted to going to the /etc/sysconfig/networking and network-scripts folders and renaming all the ifcfg-* files to conform to the ethx convention I wanted, and editing the device declaration within the files. Seemed to work fine, but of course YMMV ;)