Re: PDF files in firefox

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> I assumed that firefox was currently using Acrobat on the machine that
> the OP had and there would be a line for it in the Manage window. If not
> then the behavior described above should work but you may have to empty
> the firefox caches before it works,

Assuming I am the OP:
I don't have any problem looking directly at a PDF file -
I'm asked if I want to download or view it,
and if I view it then xpdf is used.

The problem arises when viewing non-PDF files
which reference PDF files.
Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the files causing the problem -
calling on acroread rather than xpdf -
and I can't find such an URL now,
but if and when I do I shall empty the firefox cache as you suggest,
and see if that helps.