Bash Karl

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Thu Sep 27 19:06:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 12:41 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I was interested when I was bashed because I told someone that F7
> only comes in a DVD version. Others on this list piled on to say that
> you can get F7 on CD-Rom's from some unknown source.
>
>     My position is that an answer should contain just what you KNOW even
> if it is wrong. For instance I know how to slit up your F7 into 3
> partitions. It may not be what they need or want but my input will be
> based on actual fact. This does not bother some of you :-)
----
it's always acceptable to preface an answer with the warning that you
are less than certain this is a fully knowledgeable and/or correct
answer.

it is never acceptable to provide an answer that is wrong. It may be
excusable but it remains unacceptable.

As for the F7 release, officially, it is a DVD. In some cases, there is
a 'Live' CD that can do a full install.

It is possible to start a computer with the smallest of boot image files
(iso) and get the stage2 kernel and installer from a remote system via
NFS/FTP/HTTP

There may be some unofficial releases broken into CD sizes but the
developers and this list can't be expected to know what problems a user
would be having.

--
Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com>