fc6 to fc7 upgrade lost python info

lee lee at bellcorp.com
Fri Sep 28 16:08:30 UTC 2007

Upgraded from fc6 to fc7 and now programs using python fail. Failing
programs are yum, Rhythmbox and printer config, system will not print. I
match python versions with  a working  pc and they  match.  Any ideas
welcome.

Lee

yum  error
>    No module named rpm
> It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
> current version of Python, which is:
> 2.5 (r25:51908, Apr 10 2007, 10:29:13)
> [GCC 4.1.2 20070403 (Red Hat 4.1.2-8)]

yumex error
> RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file

rhythmbox error
> rhythmbox: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.4.so.1.0: cannot

If type lp file-name  it lights the light on the printer but does not
print. If I open printer from system menu nothing happens.

system-config-printer  error
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line 40, in <module>
>     import cups
> ImportError: No module named cups

Thanks again
Lee