Alsamixer switches to different settings after reboot. How to fix?

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Fri Sep 28 17:22:39 UTC 2007

Hello all,

On Alsamixer, I tell it to capture sound via "MIC" and capture the
"Master". After a reboot, however, it defaults to capturing "Line" instead
of "mic", and turns off the capture to "Master", and thus an audio feed
doesnt come up after reboot. It doesn't do this for 3 other machines I
have. And I can't figure out why it does this on just this one.

Any way I can fix this, or is it time for bugzillillillilla?