Scanner problem

Tanguy Eric eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Fri Sep 28 17:33:53 UTC 2007

I don't when the problem begin but my scanner worked fine when i first
install F-7. Now when i try to use it it's very very long ...
When i plug my usb scanner i obtain this in dmesg :
usb 3-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
When i launch xsane i can select my scanner and i obtain this in dmesg :
ppdev: user-space parallel port driver
ppdev0: registered pardevice
ppdev0: unregistered pardevice
ppdev1: claim the port first
ppdev2: claim the port first
ppdev3: claim the port first
usb 3-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
When i select my usb scanner in xsane, xsane spend at least 60s to be
operational and after that when i ask a scan xsane spend at least 60s
before beginning the scan.

What could be the problem ?

Thanks

Eric