Re: strange ssh performance issues

Kevin Kempter wrote:
This is quite frustrating, however I'm a DBA and have limited networking knowledge. Does anyone have any thoughts?, suggestions?, comments?

I don't know if that's the case here, but I've seen ssh take a long time to display the password prompt, when there's DNS issues. When you connect to an ssh server it usually does a reverse lookup on the IP address of the client trying to connect. If for some reason this reverse lookup takes a long time to perform, eg DNS server unavailable, circular DNS entries etc then it takes a while for the password prompt to appear.

--
Ian Chapman.