SATA and IDE Hard Drives

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Sat Sep 29 13:48:45 UTC 2007

On Sat September 29 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
> As I recall this new motherboard said something like SATA ATA. So I was
> too green to read what I should have into that. I do not have SATA II
> but will locate my motherboard book and make sure.

TigerDirect has a habit of offering seemingly great-sounding deals but
usually, they're just cleaning out previous technology inventory. You have to
really know the technology and read between the lines and all the fine lines
to know exactly what you're getting -- most of the big box retailers do the
same, but I've found Tiger to be a little more blatant about it with their
big in-your-face hyper-exagerated advertising

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA