basic question about assigning ip address

I have a Fedora machine I'm using as a home server, without a keyboard or monitor. I'd like to set it up such that upon rebooting it first checks to see if there is a DHCP server on the network, and if so, grabs an ip address from it. But if there isn't one, it assigns itself a static address. Is this doable?

Thank you.