about hardware information

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 23:37:53 UTC 2007

On 9/29/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 10:19 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> > P.S.  I have been visiting http://torrent.fedoraunity.org/spins off
> > and on since F7 was released. Only found links to the FC6 re-spin
> > torrents. It is really depressing to have to find news about the
> > project's spins via another site's FAQ.
>
> If you also on the Fedora announce list, you would have received this
> message at some time over the last day or so:
>
> <http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2007-September/msg00004.html>
>
> "The Fedora Unity Project is proud to announce the release of new ISO
> Re-Spins (DVD and CD Sets) of Fedora 7..."

I do not subscribe to the fedora-announce list.

Well, someone at Unity finally updated the web page. I clicked on the
Unity spins link and found a page with the following:

"Fedora Unity Re-Spin 20070912 — by jon — last modified Sep 28, 2007 02:09 PM
This is the jigdo for the 20070912 i386, x86_64 and source DVDs plus
the i386 and x86_64 CD sets."

Can you tell from the description that the re-spin is for F7? I
couldn't. I had to click on "Fedora Unity Re-Spin 20070912" to find
out.

Personally, I would not use this jigdo link. Here's why:

http://spins.fedoraunity.org/unity/fedora-unity-7-20070912.jigdo/at_download/file
"This is the jigdo for the 20070912 i386, x86_64 and source DVDs plus
the i386 and x86_64 CD sets."

If I recall correctly using this jigdo file would be a whole hog or
nothing proposition.They could have created jigdo files for subsets of
the re-spin, e.g. i386 DVD, x86_64 DVD, i386 CD set, etc.

There is still no link on the Unity site to
http://fedora.kanarip.com/torrents/ just to the official Fedora
torrents.

Anyone know if a torrent is available for this re-spin?