Recommendation for Fedora server?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Sep 30 13:33:28 UTC 2007

ed at hp.uab.edu wrote:

> I have been running for four years a VIA C3 800Mhz computer, with 512MB of
> RAM, and a pair of 80GB IDE drives. It pulls 45 watts from the wall when
> idle - and 55 when 'crunching' away.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been a little surprised, looking at a few setups,
how little energy one can save.
My incredibly ancient PIII with 2 SCSI disks and one IDE disk,
seems to use just over 80 watts in normal usage.
I was sort of expecting I'd be able to get this down to 20-30 watts,
but the really low power systems I've looked at
all seem deficient in one way or another.