Thank You list

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 17:10:56 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    From about 3 months ago I was happy running FC4 because I was not
> aware what the later versions could do. Then I d/l FC6 thinking that was
> what I wanted. A week later I bought a new DVD drive because the old one
> was full of dirt and d/l F7.
>
>    I tried F7 before there were 10 updates. I discovered as you all
> know, that the new Fedora is going to be rough before it gets updates to
> clear up the many problems. I got disgusted with F7 and went back to FC6.
>
>    A few weeks later I again went to F7 and got the many updates and it
> started working a lot better. Then I put F7 on my laptop and over a
> couple of weeks where the List helped me over the hump and F7 on my
> laptop started working with WiFi. It was a lot of fun since then because
> I had no idea so many WiFi sources are in town.
>
>    Now F7 is working well and we are awaiting the arrival of F8 and this
> whole thing will start over again, Now there are 20 messages a day. When
> F8 is available it will jump to 100 messages a day.

Yes, if you mean messages of the "this doesn't work again" variety.
That's business as usual for a fedora release. If you don't want to
participate in testing and debugging the new set of changes, just don't
upgrade until the next version is several months old.  Personally I
usually wait for the k12ltsp release partly for the additional content
and partly because it is a respin that includes all the updates at the
time it is released after testing.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com