Re: PC bios confused in which harddrive to boot fedora OS: Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media!

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 17:19:18 -0400,
  Excalibur Xcalibur <excalibur xcalibur gmail com> wrote:

> So I'm kind of getting the clue here: I should in principle take 2 totally
> separate cables to connect identical drives. Thanks Mikkel.

Not for the reason you are thinking. For performance reasons it helps
to have each PATA disk on its own controller.

You should always check the jumpers on the drives. Some need to be master
even if there is only one drive on the cable. Others are OK being set
to cable select if they are the only drive. And when there are two on a
cable you want them both to be cable select or one master and one slave.