FC6 mount ntfs-3g problem.

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Apr 2 20:11:33 UTC 2008

max bianco wrote:
> 2008/4/2 Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com>:
>> max bianco wrote:

>> his
>> <mount
>>>>

>>> I am not sure what his fstab should look like but as far as using the
>>> mount command I have always found that you have to be root or have
>>> permission explicitly granted. I plug in my external drive and it just
>>> automounts for me, i don't remember doing anything special to get this
>>> to work, but apparently this was not the case in FC6, i have never
>>> used FC6. Hopefully he will  let us know what happened.
>>>
>>> Max
>>>

>>  FC6 would auto mount as well. But if you have an entry in /etc/fstab for
>> the device, it will not get auto-mounted.
>
> shouldn't it mount if the "noauto" is removed from fstab?

noauto prevents automatic mount at boot (e.g. "mountall" or "mount -a").
It has nothing to do with the automounter.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
- Do not taunt the sysadmins, for they are subtle and quick to anger -