Rawhide vs F9

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Apr 12 06:31:28 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > When the final release comes out a new version of the fedora-release
> > package will come out which will automatically point your repositories
> > away from rawhide. You have to opt-in to staying on rawhide, rather than
> > opt-out.
> >
> > Basically, you'll have a flawless upgrade :)
>
> Thanks. You realize I'm going to hold you to that?

There's a fedora-release update being pushed now which enables the Fedora 9
repositories (which will be temporarily redirected to Rawhide at the mirrorlist
level until the Fedora 9 release) instead of the rolling development (Rawhide)
ones. I'd recommend checking that you really have the correct repositories
enabled after getting that update (at the latest, before updating the first
time after the F9 release).

        Kevin Kofler