Kickstart file based on current configuration

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Apr 27 03:07:56 UTC 2008

Bob Kinney wrote:
> How can I make a kickstart file that is based on the packages I currently
> have installed?
>
> I still have anaconda-ks.cfg, but of course I've added a bunch of stuff
> since then.

Get the full list with "yum list" and look at the ones marked
"installed." You might have to manually separate out non-fedora versions.

Something like:

yum list | tee all.pkgs | grep installed >installed.pkgs
sed -n /\.lvn6/p installed.pkgs >livna-instl.pkgs
sed -n /\.fc6/p installed.pkgs >fc6-instl.pkgs

Example for fc6, but you should get the idea.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>