ups with nut and hal

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 1 00:13:33 UTC 2008

Does anyone have nut with hal working for a ups connected to a usb port?

I'm trying to get mine to work, and the docs say gnome-power-manager
should pop-up and let me see and do things, but nothing happened.

lsusb sees the ups on a usb port, but that's all I can say. I believe no
driver is being loaded for the ups, so probably hal (or maybe udev) is
not doing what should be doing. I'll be happy to provide any necessary
information to figure this out. I'd appreciate any clue from anyone who
has this thing working under hal.

Thanks!