FireFox: How to set font-size for F/F menu?

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue Apr 1 14:34:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 20:06 -0700, Scott (angrykeyboarder) wrote:
> Dan Thurman spake thusly:
>
> > I have looked into  Edit/Preference and for the life of me,
> > I am unable to determine why my menu-fonts are so tiny, like a
> > size 6 or something. I cannot even read it.
>
> That's really odd. I typically have the opposite problem. The
> fonts on the menus are much larger than those in other apps.
>
> > Seems that my Firefox is not taking the system font size
> > although the system-colors are fine.
>
> Firefox never does by default. It has something to do with XUL
> which is what what Mozilla uses for it's applications.
>

> > Can anyone tell me what I need to do to correct this?
>
> I just did a Google search and came up with this:
>
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=44527

The above link helped. I had to create a userChrome.css
file as all the other suggestions were harder to find
and root-out.  Deleting the ~mozilla/firefox did not
work, changing via kcontrol does not change settings
under Gnome, and rolling up sleeves and going on an
easter-egg hunt via ~/.gtkrc* was not too appealing
since there are no specifics offered.

Anyway, thanks!